Position: Community Manager (part-time internship)
We are looking for a talented and driven individual that possesses a combination of interpersonal skills, technical aptitude, and an entrepreneurial mentality to join our team as a Community Manager. The intention is to hire this person long-term as they create their career and become an integral part of the team. Priority will be given to individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who are self-starters and have experience in digital marketing, customer service, and/or hospitality. You must be a strong writer and have a sense of courtesy and service. You must also have positive attitude and know how to roll your sleeves up and get stuff done.
Wize Coffee Leaf is the global leader in coffee leaf innovation that eats, sleeps, and breathes creativity. You will have the unique opportunity to work directly with founders in a fast-growing startup environment with dynamic leadership and support that will help you thrive. It’s not every day that you can work at a company that’s disrupting the two biggest beverage industries in the world simultaneously, let alone defining the culture around this new product. We will support your personal and professional growth in a flexible and communal work environment. After all, it’s a small team that packs a big punch, and we design our future together! Input equals output and we have fun doing it.
Should you be selected for the shortlist, there will be 1-2hr interview on-site at the Wize Creative Lab in Railtown, Vancouver.
Manage social media platforms and community development (mainly FB and IG)
- Manage marketing campaigns, promotions, and digital collaborations by working with CEO and Wize marketing team
- Respond to inbound engagement and messages from digital community
- Seek out suitable partnerships and influencers to work with
- Reach out to authors, writers and reporters to share the Wize story
- Generate a monthly report on social media performance and provide fresh insights
Help manage events and activities
- Assist the CEO with upcoming events, planning, coordination and execution
- Seek out events, groups, and associations that align with Wize's values with the goal of building Wize's community partnerships
Create blog posts about various topics
- Event recaps and news from the WizeWorld
- Impact reports and stories from the farm in Nicaragua
- WizeCulture curated recommendations for new arts and media
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience managing social media accounts, digital communities and events
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Entrepreneurially minded: you are obsessive about seeking out opportunities, creative ideas and ways to engage with our communities
- Passionate about marketing and have a pulse on industry trends
- Interested in cultural trends and recognizing what’s in style and what’s coming next
- Proactive communication: you know that communication is key and you communicate with a focus on facts and getting the point, keeping things swift and productive
- We move fast and things often change: you embrace this and see it as an opportunity to learn new skills and keep things fresh and interesting
- You want to pursue a career in marketing and see this opportunity as a great stepping stone
- You have an ability to work independently, manage your time efficiently and push yourself to your own deadlines
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and fix something that needs attention
Please submit a brief introduction and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Showcase your talent, be creative and passionate, and don’t be afraid to tell us how awesome you are and how badly you want this. We love entrepreneurially minded people and we won’t penalize you for having a vision and goals.
Wize doesn’t care about your gender, orientation, deities you worship or what you look like. The only thing that matters is quality, consistency and passion in your work. Beyond that, it’s important that you’re a team player with an open mind, and believe in the same worldview that humans are just humans and not pre-selected to be better or worse than one another. If you’re smart, kind, progressive, humble and a hard worker, you belong here. Bring your badass self -- we will embrace it and make every effort to celebrate with you.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Wize. Only the applicants selected for an initial phone interview will be contacted.